Medicines Use Reviews
- • Help you to find out more about the medicines you are taking.
- • Pick up any problems you are having with your medicines.
- • Improve the effectiveness of your medicines.
NHS Advice on New Medicines Service
Your pharmacist can talk to you about whatever medicines that you have been prescribed, but you may be eligible to receive this free NHS service if you have been prescribed medicines to treat the following conditions:
- • Asthma
- • Chronic Obstructive
- • Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- • Hypertension
- • Anti-coagulant
NHS Medicines Assessment
If you’re eligible for this service, your local Day Lewis pharmacist will assess your knowledge and use of medicines and, based on the information gathered, will invite you or your carer to discuss the different types of support available to help you take your medicines as intended.
The kind of support you may receive includes:
- • Medicines reminder charts
- • Medication Administration Record (MAR) charts
- • Medicines labeled in larger fonts
- • Monitored Dosage Systems (these have the days of the week written on them to help ensure that the medicine is taken on the correct day and at the correct time)