What causes or triggers asthma:
There is no clear cause for asthma, but common triggers can be:
- infections like colds and flu
- allergies – such as to pollen, dust mites, animal fur or feathers
- smoke, fumes and pollution
- medicines – particularly anti-inflammatory painkillers like ibuprofen and aspirin
- emotions, including stress, or laughter
- weather – such as sudden changes in temperature, cold air, wind, thunderstorms, heat and humidity
- mould or damp
How to treat asthma:
There is no cure for asthma, but with treatment it can be managed and controlled. Try and identify your triggers. We also recommend that if you suffer from asthma, you get your annual flu vaccination.
Where can I get asthma treatments?
If you would like to discuss treatment options, visit your local Day Lewis Pharmacy and speak to our health care professionals today.