Symptoms of Oral Thrush in adults:
- White patches in the mouth that can be wiped off leaving red patches
- Unpleasant taste in the mouth
- Cracks in corners of the mouth
- Sore tongue/gums
Symptoms of Oral Thrush in babies:
- White coating on the tongue, that doesn’t wipe off easily
- White spots in the mouth/gums
- Babies may not want to feed
- Nappy rash
Babies can pass on thrush to their mothers if breastfeeding, which can lead to nipple thrush in mothers.
Oral Thrush Treatment:
If oral thrush is left untreated, it is likely that the infection will persist, and possibly spread to other parts of the body. Speak with your local Day Lewis pharmacist about the symptoms you are experiencing and get advice on oral thrush treatment.
The pharmacist may recommend antifungal medication to clear the infection in the form of gels to apply directly to the mouth or if appropriate tablets.