Who can use this service?
The Pharmacy Contraception Service is available to females who are over the age of 16 and have no significant medical conditions or other risk factors that may make it unsafe to use oral contraception.
You are eligible if:
- You are female.
- You have already been prescribed the contraception pill before by your GP.
- Have had no gap in your contraception cycle: This means you have not had a break in your supply. For example, you have been taking the pill continuously.
What are the benefits of using the Pharmacy Contraception Service?
There are several benefits of using the pharmacy contraception service, some of which include:
- Convenience & time saving: The pharmacy contraception service is often more convenient than visiting a doctor or a sexual health clinic. You no longer need to book a GP appointment.
- Accessibility: The pharmacy contraception service is available to anyone over the age of 16, including those who may find it difficult to access other healthcare services due to factors such as distance, transportation, or work commitments.
- Expert advice: Our trained pharmacists can provide advice; answer any questions you may have and give guidance on how to safely take your oral contraception.
- Privacy: You are able to discuss your contraception needs with a pharmacist in a private consultation room.
What shall I do next?
When you next need your contraceptive pill, you no longer need to go to your GP. You can visit the pharmacy and they will dispense your next supply. Simply come into see us when it’s convenient for you.